Stocks and Securities
Thank you for your interest in supporting The University of Akron with a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA. Please note the following:
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift.
- Have a check made payable to The University of Akron Foundation.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization.
- IRA charitable rollover gifts reduce your taxable income; they do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please ensure the check identifies you and your designation of choice.
Share this Custodian Form with your policy provider Download it Now
If you have any questions about an IRA Charitable Rollover, please get in touch with Kimberly Zebedis at 330-972-2819 or email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: IRA Charitable Rollover checks sent directly from the custodian must be dated and postmarked on or before Dec. 31.
IRA Rollover Checkbooks enable individuals to facilitate their gifts without requiring the custodian to process each check request. In the case of IRA Rollover Checkbooks, the year the check is deposited will dictate the year the gifted portion of your Required Minimum Distribution is applied, and tax benefits are received.
Thank you for considering a gift of securities in support of The University of Akron.
Access our Stocks/Securities Gift Transfers Form, which includes complete instructions.
- Stock transfers require both “sender” and “receiver” to know when the transfer will occur.
- Please notify the Department of Development (330-972-7238 or firstname.lastname@example.org) when your gift is about to transfer and provide the name of your broker/dealer.
- Security transfers are not completed until the next business day. This is particularly important in December if you wish the Foundation to receive your gift before the end of the tax year.
- For tax purposes, your gift of stock is valued at the mean of the high and low on the date the shares are received in our account.
- For 2023 tax eligibility, all transfers must be received in UA’s brokerage account on or before Dec. 31. Please work with your broker early to meet this deadline.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Kimberly Zebedis at 330-972-2819 or email@example.com.
YOUR GIFT FUELS OUR ASCENT
We have a vision and a plan. Now, we just need your support.