Thank you for your interest in supporting The University of Akron with an IRA Charitable Rollover. Please note the following:
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA
- Have check made payable to The University of Akron Foundation.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization.
- IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please ensure the check identifies you and your designation of choice.
Share this Custodian Form with your policy provider Download Now
If you have any questions about an IRA Charitable Rollover, please contact Lia Jones at 330-972-2819 or
IMPORTANT: IRA Charitable Rollover checks sent directly from the custodian must be dated and postmarked on or before Dec. 31, 2021.
IRA Rollover Checkbooks enable individuals to facilitate their own gifts without requiring the custodian to process each check request. In the case of IRA Rollover Checkbooks, the year in which the check is deposited will dictate the year in which the gifted portion of your Required Minimum Distribution is applied and tax benefits are received.