Taylor Verba, like all engineering students, studies machines.
Throughout her time at The University of Akron, she has studied a particular machine and its parts – its “tarsals” and “tibia,” its “femurs” and “fibulas” – and learned to develop replacements when those parts malfunction.
Recently, Taylor began working full-time with Zimmer Biomet, a worldwide leader in orthopedic device solutions in Warsaw, Ind. – and she credits the Williams Honors College for making it all possible.
- Leslie and Ronald Soderquist Scholarship
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Engineering Scholarship
- Betty V. and John M. Jacobson Study/Travel Abroad for Honors College Women in Engineering Students
- Raj and Archana Makam Award
- Biomedical Engineering Outstanding Undergraduate Student Scholarship
“People like to say, ‘I get to work on cool machines,’ or ‘I get to build a bridge,’ but I get to work on the most difficult machine – which can even heal itself sometimes.”
YOUR GIFT FUELS OUR ASCENT
We have a vision and a plan. Now, we just need your support.